Did you know April 11 is Pet Day?
It is a day to show your pet some extra love!
Here’s some ideas on how to spoil your pet on Pet Day:
- teach them a new trick
- play their favorite game (fetch, hide and seek, running)
- go for a hike together
- spend some time outside watching the birds (cats on leash or in enclosed area for safety)
- a new toy
- a new bed, blanket or brush
- fresh treat
- quality time brushing and cuddling
- meet some ‘doggy friends’ for a hike or park play date
What if you don’t have a pet to spoil on Pet Day?
Don’t fret if you don’t have a pet of your own on Pet Day! There are many pets without homes in shelters, rescues or on the street. Adopt a pet on Pet Day if your family is ready to make a permanent family addition. If you’re not quite ready or able to adopt a pet friend, consider helping these pets out by making a donation (monetary, food or toy).